Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ward Halloween Party

Friday evening our ward had a Halloween party / trunk-or-treat. The activity began with us trick-or-treating at each of the cars. I was impressed with how people decorated their cars. My car was so lame. But a mom can only do so many things and an elaborately decorated Halloween car didn't make the cut this year. After going from car to car we were all gathered inside for a well-planned kid Halloween party. They had a cake walk, a coloring station, bobbing for apples, ring toss and bingo. I feel like there was so much more but I can't put my finger on it.
Here the boys and I are playing bingo. They both really enjoyed this game. Note to self: when playing a game like this in public, don't use candy as the marking pieces. Hands get sticky! And the germ-a-phobe in me is thinking about all the little fingers that have touched the pieces before me. As I am writing this, I am remembering my friend, who will go unnamed, grabbed a piece from the table and popped it in her mouth. That is why I am gagging on the inside. Love you friend!
The boys are picking their prizes from winning at bingo. The guy running the game said they could each pick 2 things. Jacob picked 2 little sticky rats, and Andrew picked a pack of candy Dots. We have already lost the little sticky rats. Jacob has had me looking for them all day.
The boys are Transformers for Halloween this year. They look awesome! I had a couple of different people ask me if I made them. Boy do I have some people fooled with how crafty I am. Costco and Target made their costumes this year.
For the cake walk activity, they had asked for volunteers to make cupcakes for the kids to win. Here are the cup cakes I made for the party. It was a chocolate pudding base cupcake with coconut frosting. I have to admit I did sneak one and I sent my friends over to sneak one for themselves also. The kids don't know how to appreciate a good cupcake like that.
It was a fantastic party! --emily

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Awesome cupcakes!!! I'm totally with you on the germ thing last ear our ward did bobbing for apples...ewww I wouldn't let my kids do it. Sure enough all the kids that did and some adults as well got sick!! Gross...

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

I KNEW that was your cupcake. The kids may not appreciate it but I sure did - they tasted wonderful! :-)

CJAllred said...

DAWWWLing Transformers!! They actually look pretty intense. (Read Scary) WOW! Did the boys enjoy Trick or Treating around the neighborhood? I'll bet they were the only Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee on the block.

Hi! said...

Glad you got a costume shot at the party, the boys look great. Your cupcakes are not only the best but the skeleton decorations are very cool, nice job!
What is it with icky, germ-transfer Halloween games?I'm alright with doughnuts on a string as long as there is one doughnut and it leaves with the person trying to bite it off. Just watching "bobbing for apples" has always made me ill. Even as a kid I thought is was gross. Shiver!
Love, momAKAgrandma

CJAllred said...

Love the skeleton cupcake.
Now where is the picture of Kelly and Emily's costumes?