Sunday, November 20, 2011

Snow day

With all the cold weather we've been having lately, we knew there must be snow in the mountains. So Saturday morning we drove up to the pass that is only about 20 minutes from our house to play in the snow. Andrew was having a great time laying in the snow and eating giant mouthfuls. No hands needed.
The snow was amazing! It was about four feet of powder. We had fun sledding and throwing snowballs. The snow was almost too soft to form into a ball, but we had a fun time throwing it anyway.
Jacob is totally a snow dude. He kept asking when we could go snow boarding. I think this might be the year to start hitting the slopes as a family. Yeah . . .
We brought the tripod so that we could get a family photo. After working out the hiccups of the tripod that kept sinking into the snow and the camera remote that wouldn't register because we were on a decline and the fact that it is super cropped because my left arm is way up in the air to line up with the camera sensor, I think it isn't too terrible of a family picture. I love my little family!
Everyone stayed warm and happy for the most part. It was a great Saturday adventure. I can't wait to do it again. --emily & kelly

4 comments:

Colleen said...

What a fun escape! Snow pictures are always so cute.

CJAllred said...

Such a cute family picture! Love it love it. The snow looks so deep and fluffy. What a fun family outing.

CJAllred said...

Love, Love, Love this picture. I thought it would be on your Christmas card. Please send me a copy of it. I want to get it printed. :-)

CJAllred said...

In fact, I love all those snow pictures! You know my e-mail.