Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fashion District

On Tuesday January 31st & Wednesday February 1st while Kelly was in his conference sessions, I walked the fashion district. The first day I stopped at the NYC public library. The library has a museum on the bottom floor that I walked through and enjoyed what there was to see. I brought Kelly back on Thursday to see the outside of the library. He has fond memories of it as the opening scene from Ghostbusters.
On the back-side of the library is Bryant park. It was such a fun park. There were boccie games, ping-pong and horse shoes all being played. There is a game house to get the game supplies from. You just have to sign them out no charge. Totally cool! It was the perfect day to be in the park. The group of men below all moved over from Itally over 50 years together. They are all retired and get together everyday to cute.
I also ate lunch in Bryant park. They have little sandwich shops throught the park. I picked 'wichCraft to order my food from. I was not disappointed. The food was great and the weather was awesome. In talking with some local people, the weather was out of the ordinary for this time of year. It was in the high 60's all week. I am so thankful because it sure made walking around lots of fun.
Kelly and I have watched lots of "Project Runway" episodes, so I wanted to make sure to check out Mood. Bryant park is also were they do their finale fashion show during fashion week. I was in heaven! Mood is a giant 3 story fabric store filled with amazing fabrics and notions. I spent many hours shopping! Mood was one of many fabric / notion stores I spent hours in. Since we have been home I have placed a few on-line orders also. Amazing fabric. I wish we had something like this here in Seattle. Kelly is probably glad we don't!
M & J Trimming was an all notions store. It was amazing! Not just rows and rows but walls filled with ribbon, buttons, zippers, clasps, feathers, so many little teeny things for that project I didn't know I had to do. Again I was in heaven like so many days this week!
As I walked further into town I fell more and more in love with the city. I can't wait to go again. There is still so much to see! --emily

No comments: