Sunday, April 26, 2009

Science Center

Growing up in this area, my parents took us to the Pacific Science Center as kids. I loved running around and seeing all that there was to enjoy. Some things have changed, but not much. As a kid I remember coming here with my cousins. My older brother would ride the weighted bike and I always wanted to take a turn, but was way too scared to do it. When we where kids I remember a big hamster cage play area a lot like a McDonald's play land, but much bigger in my memory. I was sad to see that wasn't there anymore. But they do have a butterfly house that is new. I would have loved that as a kid. I love that I can share this fun place with my kids. It is so fun to be able to share something that I enjoyed as a kid with my own two little guys. Here is Jacob playing with the water canons, trying to place the water just right and move the paddles.

Jacob on Grandpa John's Shoulders. 
As a family we enjoyed the 3D movie "Under The Sea" at the IMAX theater in The Pacific Science Center. Jacob didn't really get into it. I think it was hard for him to focus his eyes. He kept taking off his glasses and didn't want to put them back on. Andrew was more into his jam and soy butter sandwich. All in all we had a great time. The kids were good so at least we could enjoy the movie. I haven't seen a 3D movie since I was a little kid. It might have even been Captain EO at Disneyland when I was 15 or so maybe. --emily

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I have so many great memories from the science center! We always loved the Imax, and the dinos. I am glad you are introducing your boys to such a great place!

CJAllred said...

It sounds like a very fun place to go. Something that kids of all ages can enjoy.

Leslie said...

LOL captian EO was awesome!!

I remember thinking Jason was SO cool for riding the weighted bike!! I still have never done it, can you beleive that. those were good times. we'll have to meet up there somtime. we're hoping to maybe come out for Christmas but were not sure. four plane tickets cross country is an insane amount of money!!!