Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lego compitition

For Family Home Evening we had a friendly Lego space-ship building competition. The boys already have a large bucket of basic building Legos, but we thought it would be fun to go and purchase the little lights, steering weals, tires and other random parts. The boys had a great time looking in the big bright buckets and picking out whatever they wanted to accessorise their ship.
Here are the boys building their amazing ships.
This is Jacob's well-designed flying machine.
Here is Andrew's ship. He would hand me parts and pieces and I would put them onto his ship. Every once in a while Andrew would rip a piece off and toss it back into the pile.
This ship belongs to Mom. It was well-crafted with as many lights as I could fit on it!
Here is dad's color-coordinated ship. I only got one picture before Andrew tossed in across the room and it broke into lots of little pieces.
We are wanting you, our blog readers, to be the judge. What ship is your favorite? Please make a vote in the comments box! We can't wait to see what you think. --emily

4 comments:

CJAllred said...

Awesome store that has parts you can pick out a la carte. It sounds like Andrew was jealous of dad's ship and wanted it out of the competition. Would Jacob tell me what all his parts do on his ship? It looks very asymmetrical-new-age. Does it fly straight? And the winner? Not a chance. They are all in a class by themselves.

Colleen said...

I like the pink one!

Leslie said...

I love your pink one but I'd have to say that Jacob's looks much lighter so I"m sure it goes faster. Jacob wins my vote!!

Anonymous said...

I want to shop there someday, what a great store and super cool FHE. Jacob's has great colors and looks like he spent a lot of time planning the details. Drew's resembles the Stealth bomber, cool. Emily's has a great computer panel, lots of fire power and sports my favorite color. Kelly's looks like a aerodynamic wonder. JACOB GETS MY VOTE.
Love, momAKAgrandma