Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Volenteering in the 15th

The Boeing Classic, an official PGA event on the Champions Tour, is held at the golf course in our neighborhood. We had a lot of fun attending the event last year, so I decided to volunteer as a Field Marshall at the event this year. I was only able to volunteer on Wednesday, which is when they have a pro-am. One of the professional golfers is teamed up with four amateurs who have paid for the privilege of playing with a pro golfer at one of the most beautiful golf courses in the area. I was assigned to the 15th hole. I had the opportunity to meet some great people and see some amazing tee shots.
The highlight for me was when my sons came up to join me at the end of the day. I was able to show them around and let them stand out on the tee box. It was a fun day. I'm planning to volunteer again next year.--Kelly

1 comment:

CJAllred said...

Sounds like fun for you AND the boys. You should all be great golfers after rubbing shoulders with some of the greats.